Sunday, May 17, 2009

Realize Your Power!

Hello Everyone!

I began to write today's entry with many different ideas in mind. I, personally was dealing with some negative issues and unfortunately they were about to rear their ugly heads in today's blog. I was lead to wait before I actually wrote anything and I am glad I did! I went to church today and my pastor's message focused on reminding us of the power we as God's children have.

So many times we allow circumstances to dictate who we are and how far we can go. Circumstances represent detours, stumbling blocks, blinders if you will. These things are of the enemy. Remember when we spoke about fear? There are certain things that the enemy plant to blind you from what is real. What is real? Jesus. He does not work according to circumstance. Circumstance doesn't even register is His vocabulary and neither should it in ours.

I realize that not having adequate finances is troubling ( I really know!!!), I realize that being out of work is hard, I realize that being in a bad relationship is draining but these things do not define who you are. Where you are in your life at this time does not define you. GOD defines you! God determines your outcome! God determines what you will become! This is where my pastor came into play. He gave the example of shooing off a stray cat. As long as he said, "Cat, please go away", or "Cat, don't you have somewhere else you can go?" The cat simply looked at him as if to say, "Why are you talking to me?" But when he stomped his foot and boomed " Get away cat!!!" The cat just about tore up the pavement trying to get away! The point is, we have to be tired of the enemy and his mess (for lack of a better word)! When we get tired of where we are and DEMAND the enemy to GET AWAY!! He will because he has to. God has given his people power to DENOUNCE the enemy. You might be saying, "Little me? Power? Yeah right." But its true. And its not you the enemy is running from, its the power behind you. It's God!!!

We are joint heirs. What does that mean? We are entitled to whatever our father has. I recall reading a scripture that said the powers of Heaven and Earth are (not were) in His hands.If God has ALL power of Heaven and Earth in His hands and we are joint heirs then what do we have?

Until next time!

No comments: