Tuesday, May 12, 2009

GOD DOES NOT GIVE US THE SPIRIT OF FEAR........

How many times have we heard that scripture?

I have been really hearing it a lot lately and I think the reason why is because I was experiencing this "spirit". Speaking from a personal standpoint, I am a huge dreamer. I desire to do a lot of things that fall in line with my passion. For those who dont know, my passion is to beautify and empower women, in every way imaginable. Through words, physical beauty, enhancing self-esteem, you name it, I want to do it. And I will.

I have learned that you have to be careful what you ask God for because, like the saying says, "You just might get it". That is the stage I am in now. I see God moving in my life through tests and opportunity. I see Him moving me toward my goals. As He moves me, I found myself withdrawing, feeling inferior, feeling not good enough, feeling-fear. I had to ask myself, "If God doesn't give me the spirit of fear, then who does?" Who else? The enemy. Why would the enemy give me the spirit of fear? Because he wants me to fail. He wants to take away from me what God is trying to give me. The enemy wants to cripple us and detour us away from our dreams.

You see, I have found that God plants our dreams into us. Ever notice how most people have something that they are passionate about? Some of the most influential people in the world took their passions and built from them. But they all had their fair share of adversity in the beginning but through perseverance and hard work, they made it happen. Let's not let the enemy steal our dreams. Evidently, the enemy must really think we are on to something if he feels he has to scare us away from whatever it is.

Another scripture says WE CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST THAT STRENGTHENS US. Notice the word ALL?

Until next time!

No comments: