Monday, June 22, 2009

One Day at a a Time..... Sweet Jesus.......

Ya'll know that song? I grew up hearing it and I honestly used to hate to hear the old ladies break otu with it. Thats because I didn't understand it. But now...... I'm praying the same prayer.. Lord help me to take one day at a time!

I am being silly but this little rule is so important to your sanity and vital to acheiving your goals.

As I have said before, there are many of us (including me) with a million ideas and goals. God is steadily blessing us from day to day but we cant relish in our small victories for focusing on the larger ones. In our quest to conquer the world, we need to remember to first and foremost acknowledge God. We must ask Him to order our steps daily. We are to place our desires, dreams and ideas before Him and ask Him for guidance as to how we are to accomplish them.

The bible tells us not to worry about what we will eat tomorrow. As impossible as this may sound to many of us, the message is clear; Place your concerns before God and watch Him take care of them.

From another standpoint, to those having problems, maybe with money, or wondering what you will do after being laid off a job,etc. I understand ! I know what it is like to have a family,fall in a
hard spot and go crazy wondering how you will make it. Worrying is a natural thing but this cannot solve your problem and neither can sending your self into a frenzy trying to figure out everything all at once. It is a must that we learn to take life one day at a time. God has the ability to fix something that would take us years all at once. I know I sound redundant when I get on the subject of faith but it is sooooooo necessary! In my opinion, you can only take life one day at a time, if you have the faith that God is heading your life.

Everybody, God wants to take worry off of us. He wantsd us to stop living life in a rush. He wants us to understand that He has it. Once we understand these things, we will be able to live richer, fuller, more satisfying lives.

Until next time!

1 comment:

Delonda Burns said...

Greetings Girlfriend, Really great post,very true, very helpful and inspiring....Looking forward to the next post....Thanks!