Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Do you need to press the delete button ?

Hello Everyone!

2009 strikes me as a year that a lot of ambitious and goal oriented people are making huge efforts to change. We have a new president, new opportunties presented to us, and many of us are just sick and tired of being sick and tired. I am personally right there with you. That is one of the beautiful things about life, God has given us the ability to change our current situation and not stay stuck in one mindset.

There are plenty of ways to begin again. I love the fact that no matter where you come from or what you have done in life, regardless to whatever, God can change your situation and make your life great. The only thing is, you have to want it. You have to want change and a lot of times it does not come easy. There are steps some of us have to take that are specific to our own situations.

The one step I want to focus on today is one I feel is very important. Particulary because I had to do it.

Delete- meaning to erase or rid your self of.

This one small word could have a very big impact on the outcome of your life. Ya'll it is a fact that those you surround yourself with, whether they are loved ones, friends, relatives, whatever, can influence your way of thinking. Sad to say but, if they don't feel the way you feel or believe in you, it is very likely that your faith in yourself will waver. You may have every great intention in the world but you may feel held back. You may always find yourself dreaming and not doing or you may find yourself in a rut. Whatever the case may be, it could very well be your surroundings and/or the people you are associated with.

In my case, that is excatly where I was. I have wanted to accomplish major things in life for the past years and I always found myself talking about it. I began to look over my life and wonder what was going on? Why do I keep going with the same motions? It was because I needed to see something diffrent to do something diffrent. No one around me had accomplished anything major. Just about neveryone was satisfied where they were. Some of the people closest to me seemed to be happier with me doing bad. It seemed that when I began to make better moves they got angry and even resorted to trweating me diffrently. It took me a while to put all of this together but once I did, what an eye-opener!

If you find yourself in this position with family or friends, don't get angry with them. They can't understand something they have never done. You have to think very clearly about what you want, write it down and go for it! I moved to another state and though I have had some struggles here, this has been one of the best things I have ever done. Many times when you make big moves in life whether it is a career change, a move, a body change,etc. You will encounter adversity. A lady I used to work with was grossly obese and wanted to loose weight. She became tired of talking about it and did something. She went on to lose over 100 pounds in a liitle over a year! She was beautiful! As a result, her husband left her. He actually hated the fact that she looked so good! Pitiful! We can't let people define our lives. Those that are for us will want us to prosper, those that aren't won't. They will feel threatened and try to discourage you. If you find your self dealing with this. Stop. Pray and ask God to remove you from these negative forces in your life and lead you to those who support you. He will! He did it for me.

You only live once. There is no sense in looking back at your life 10 years from now with regrets. The time is now! Use our wonderful president for your example. Imagine how many naysayers he had to delete. And now, he is President Barack Obama!

Until next time!

1 comment:

Delonda Burns said...

Very well put, you are one smart cookie!....lol

Seriously, you are absolutely right and that's one of the reasons, I got rid of the negative people in my life, I just simply deleted them:-)


Great Post, Girlfriend!