Monday, June 1, 2009

Just Do It!

Hello Everyone!

I was so inspired by one of my mentors today! I just had to share it with you guys!

Ever notice how a lot of people do a lot of talking about the things they want out of life? They make all these plans but when you see them a year later and ask them about things they are like, " I didn't have time" or " I don't know, I (fill in the blank)". Do any of you see this in yourselves?
Man, I do or should I say, did. was encouraged today to " Walk by faith and not by sight!"

Let us stop letting doubt and fear ruin what our lives can be! If you have an idea, a goal or dream, do what you have to do and go get it! Just do it!!!! Those thoughts and dreams are dropping into your spirit for a reason. I am a firm believer that nothing happens by accident! Our thoughts are stepping stones to what could be. Think about it. You start to think about a bowl of Vanilla Ice Cream with chocolate and caramel drizzled over the top of it. You imagine its creamy texture and its delicious taste. You think about it until those thoughts lead you to your freezer or the very nearest grocery store! You created that vivid picture in your head until it became a reality! You had to have it!

I said this to say, let us stop making excuses as to why we can't and start figuring out how we can! Don't focus on the now, focus on the faith. Focus on the dream. Tyler Perry started out homeless, broke and starving but he never stopped praying and writing his plays. Look what happened!

Let's pledge- no more excuses!! Just Do It!!!!!

1 comment:

Delonda Burns said...

Great post sister, I really enjoyed it!