Sunday, November 27, 2011

It's Your Life!!

Hello all!

I'm hoping this post finds everyone happy, well and healthy during this holiday season.

I have been reflecting on my life lately due to some recent occurances in my life. Everytime I reach a roadblock or an obstacle in my life, I sit back and ponder what decision led me there and what lesson am I to get from it.

I begin to think about the life I desire. Have I done anything to get there? A resounding "Yes!" filled my head. I thought about the sacrafices I made, the ties I have broken, the scary things, etc. I thought of the times I made moves with my husband and 3 daughters in tow. They were thinking I had it all planned out but in reality all I was working off of was the faith I had in God. It has taken plenty of prayer and fasting but the life I have envisioned for years is finally beginning to come into fruition.But guess what? Just as things begin to flourish here comes the devil trying to make me question my choices and coming success. Ofcourse for the first few minutes, I questioned myself; Did I say the right things? Did I make the right choices? Should I have done this? Should I have done that? Yep. All the usual questions and insecurities. This lasted about a day or two and after a lot of prayer and self- reflection a light came on in my head. Your'e doggone right I did the right things! And Hell no, I don't regret my choices!! I may not have always done the right things and I may not have always made the best choices but I was tired of the way my life and the lives of my family were headed. So instead of sitting, waiting and complaining, I (with God Almighty's help) did somehting about it! It took courage and huge, huge anounts of faith but we made a change!

Fear is a trick the devil uses to keep us back and our dreams unfulfilled. Fear will also diminish our self-confidence until it is no more. Although it is a very natural thing to feel fear, that does not mean "Don't go forward", it means to pray, read 1 Timothy 1:7, and go for it! We are only given one life ( the bible says nothing to me about coming back as a butterfly or a dog,etc.) and regardless to what mama did to you or didn't do for you, or what that no-good, lying cheating ex did (you get my drift), you can still have the life you desire. All you have to do is pray and ask God to lead and guide you there. And when He does, MOVE!!!

On my way out for today, Let me share a little secret with you. I used to be afraid to ask God for certain things because I was afraid he wouldnt want me to have those things. I thought he would think, " She doesn't need anything like that, thats too extravagant for her, why would I give her that?" or "Thats not important enough for me (God) to be concerned with." Do you know what I was doing? I was limiting God to a man's mind. Thats what a person would say. I was totally insulting everything God stands for with my own stupid thinking! Then, I read John 10:10 which says: " The theif does not come except to steal, and to kill and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." I love it!

You can have the life you desire! Regardless of what things look like now. Regardless to your limits. Regardless. You can have the life you desire, simply because God has given you the power to. AS LONG AS YOU ARE ALIVE, YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES! When challenges come, dont stop! Keep going! Keep praying! Keep going! Your life is yours! What you do with it is up to you!


I will speak to you all soon, Lord willing!

Sylvia

No comments: