Monday, May 30, 2011

Are You Aiming For Comfort? If So, Stop it!!

Hello!

I hope this post finds you all doing well!
I'd just like to start this post off by saying, God has really been answering my prayers in a big way. I am slowly starting to see my career goals coming into fruition. I am really in love with my current position. I love my hours and I love the impact I am currently making. Well, apparently, my overseers are liking it too because I was offered a higher position. Well, my initial feelings were, "yay!!!!" but then, my excitement began to waiver and panic set in. My thoughts were, "I'll have a different schedule, different coworkers, and longer hours. Where I am now, I'm really making an impact, will I be able to do this in this new found position?!"

My next thought then was, " Well, I'm just going to decline. I'm comfortable where I am." Thats when it hit me! I have all these huge goals and ambitions, how in the world am I gonna motivate and inspire millions of women, if I cant rise to this occasion, how will I ever rise to anything more than what I already have?

I've spent alot of time studying a few of the successful women I admire and the one thing that stands out about them is the fact that these women were willing to work harder than anyone in their particular line of work, including their bosses, in order to get where they were trying to go. This really hit home for me. Working all those long hours away from their home and the comfort of their families had to be taxing on their lives but they did it and it paid off. What's more is the really, really successful ones continue to challenge themselves and in turn, they continuously become better and not to mention richer!

The moral of the story is, comfort should not be the goal if you are striving for success. Comfort produces mediocrity, which places you one a certain level and keeps you there! For some that may be ok, but my dreams are too big for that!

Keep challenging ourself ladies!

See ya next time!!

1 comment:

Delonda Burns said...

Congrats to my BF/GF, Girrrrrl I'm extremely happy for you, girl I have a smile on my face right now!!!...LOL.. You so deserve this, God is good and he will not put more on you, if he didn't think you can handle it!!!..Go Girl!!!...

Love ya!