Sunday, March 20, 2011

Reinvention.........

Hello all!!

I am thankful to report that God has placed some great opportunities in my way. That would explain my absence but I do plan to update my blog much more frequently. I promise!!

Its amazing how when God gives us the things we ask for, the battle is LONG from over! I have learned that God is a God of progression. There is no way we can be who we pray to be if we aren't willing to progress. In other words, there is no way we can progress if we dont progress. In my research for this blog, I looked up the words "progress" and "progression" and these words and phrases stood out to me- "movement", "advance", "development","steady improvement". All of these words are action words, meaning that something is constantly going on! This was such an eye opener for me!!

The message I received from this is that in order for me to be the best I must be willing to CONSTANTLY reinvent myself! This means that I cannot allow myself to lay back and be satisfied in my new found positioning, because you know what? If I do, I wont have it! Think about it! The most successful celebs have to keep it fresh,new and innovative. People like Beyonce, Ciara, Angela Basset, Denzel Washington; when they are successful in a certain movie or song, do they just chill and enjoy the success of that one song or movie? No! They are on to the next thing and most of the time its the total opposite of what they did before! We know Denzel is an awesome hero but he has proven to be an awesome bad guy too! Yes Bey is the Single Lady queen but she can belt out a love ballad that will bring tears to your eyes!

Even though self reinvention can be scary it is also liberating! You dont have to stay the same, you can and will be better! Dont be afraid to step out of your box!The only limitations we have on our lives are the ones we put on ourselves. And when we limit ourselves we are also limiting our pocketbooks!

I hope this helps someone!

No comments: